Saturday, August 23, 2008

‘Just Words’ That Joe Biden Would Like To Forget

Biden has been running for President since 1987 with many missteps

''I made some mistakes,'' said Mr. Biden, who has faced 10 days of news reports on his lifting of sections from the speeches of others and on his record in college and law school. (1987 statement when the senator dropped out of the race)

Interview with Couric in 2007
Couric: When was the last time you lost your temper? And what came of it?
Biden: It's been a while. I lost my temper 22 years ago when I was running for president, and a lot came of it. But I'm trying to think. I haven't lost my temper in a while. I've been frustrated, but I've not blown up and lost my temper. I used to have a I joke and say, two craniotomies I had for these aneurysms. They took the top of my head off. I joke and I say, well, they cut the temper cord. There's a lot more equanimity in my last 20 years and after what I've gone through than there was before. No one thing is that critical that it determines outcome. Unless it's life or death.
Couric: Come on though Senator.
Biden: I'm serious.
Couric: I mean, I'm sure you got annoyed at somebody…
Biden: Oh, no, no, annoyed. No, no, no, no, no.
Couric: I don't mean, got red in the face and slapped somebody.
Biden: Well, I used to lose my temper and turn around and snap at somebody and say, “You know, you know, shut up.” Or do whatever. I haven't, I haven't lost my temper in a long while. I've been frustrated with some of the…staff who tell me things they know they don't know. I get frustrated, occasionally with some of the things I hear being stated by candidates from both parties running for office. I think, I know, you know, my frustration is, you know that's not true. What are ya sayin' it? (CHUCKLES) But I ... really haven't, Katie. I mean, you know, you could, as they say, ask around. I mean, I haven’t lost my temper in a long while.
Couric: I take your word for it, Senator Biden.



Joe Biden on McCain

Biden on Obama

Assessing Obama’s Iraq plan on September 13, 2007: “My impression is [Obama] thinks that if we leave, somehow the Iraqis are going to have an epiphany” of peaceful coexistence among warring sects. “I’ve seen zero evidence of that.”


Speaking to the New York Observer: Biden was equally skeptical — albeit in a slightly more backhanded way — about Mr. Obama. “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,” he said. “I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”


Also from that Observer interview: “But — and the ‘but’ was clearly inevitable — he doubts whether American voters are going to elect ‘a one-term, a guy who has served for four years in the Senate,’ and added: ‘I don’t recall hearing a word from Barack about a plan or a tactic.’”


Also that night, Biden said in a campaign ad, “When this campaign is over, political slogans like ‘experience’ and ‘change’ will mean absolutely nothing. The next president has to act.”

Biden On McCain:
Biden, on a post-debate appearance on MSNBC, October 30, 2007: “The only guy on the other side who’s qualified is John McCain.”

Biden appearing on The Daily Show, August 2, 2005: “John McCain is a personal friend, a great friend, and I would be honored to run with or against John McCain, because I think the country would be better off, be well off no matter who...”

On Meet the Press, November 27, 2005: “I’ve been calling for more troops for over two years, along with John McCain and others subsequent to my saying that.”



If we didn't have Indians, we'd have a doughnut crisis.



His state was a slave state, therefore he is popular with blacks and is not a Northeastern.

What ?



Biden saye obama not ready to lead, the light side and the hard side of Biden



No Goverment single payer programs

Its seem to me Joe biden has played it safe, by walking the fence waiting for a call from Obama or McCain for VP, am not sure this would have been the best pick for Obama. Joe Biden is a loose cannon and you never know what he my say from time to time in the heat of a moment. I think Obama is looking for an attack dog to do his dirty work, this was a not a good pick for Obama he will be spending more time doing clean up on Joe Biden then running his campaign.

No comments:


View My Stats